Re: Tecsun PL-660 not for me.

dave_m1ctk

Yes MIke OIRT with RDS also would be the icing on the cake I agree !

On 14 November 2010 14:41, Michael Evans - Mike MBR <michaelrae65@...> wrote:

There are two reason why I would not buy the new Tecsun PL-660 for one it has not got the OIRT band 63-74 MHz plus no RDS on VHF FM 87.50-108 MHz so no PI codes to identify that weak station.
Some may say, buy it for BCB MW only, and I say, sure go ahead if you want to waste £43.00 {$s !!} to my mind it's a incomplete radio,
as is on others coverage wise, and why do I need the OIRT band, well the former USSR is still on this band and I do get them well during a "Lift" Mike - UK.