Re: recordings of KNX 1070

pianoplayer88key

Hehe I figured it wasn't quite as strong. ;) I have yet to log 590-VOCM at home, and being 7.7 miles east of 5kW IBOC 600-KOGO makes it even more difficult. Maybe the new PL-606 can do it, or would a 9' PVC loop have the selectivity to notch out KOGO and its IBOC, yet be able to tune to, say, 591 or 592 and hear VOCM in 1 kHz or 2 kHz mode on the PL-380 (or PL-606)?

Also, IIRC, one of those recordings has the KNX traffic sounder in it, which I think could be used as an aid in identification for DX reception. (Don't know that my near-S7 signal in the middle of the day would qualify as "DX":).)

--- In ultralightdx@..., Allen Willie <vo1_001_swl@...> wrote:

RE: How's the signal?  Is it moderately strong like this?  Or is it only a
fairly good signal like this one?  BTW that's how strong KNX is received during
the day on my PL-380 at home from 111 miles away.  First recording is outside
with a Select-A-Tenna, second recording is in the house barefoot.

Hi Stephen,

The KNX signal when in,  was all by itself alone on the frequency but when the
fading started , it mixed with another station. The signal itself was very
readable but definitely didn't have the punch and volume obviously compared
to your recordings. The station's distance from us is 3450 miles or 5,556
kilometers

Good Dx
Allen Willie
St. John's, Newfoundland