Should I try for TPs/TAs within 1/3mi of 34,6,57n 118,4,42w?

pianoplayer88key

Hi all.  I'm near 34°6'57"N 118°4'42"W for the next couple days - should I attempt any TPs/TAs from here?  Or, would the local QRM be too much for my PL-380 + SAT to handle?  The coordinates given are on an educational campus which I can see from here, and the picture that's linked to under PL-380 is looking northwest.  (It was a little past sunset and if I used the flash, I wouldn't have captured something in the background that I wanted in the picture, hence the grainy image.)

I kinda doubt I'll be able to hear much on, say, 1431 kHz, for example.  I recorded a localized bandscan in 1kHz mode from 1430 to 1475 (pausing between 1467 and 1478 to check 1430 and 1300) in 1 kHz steps.  (On the frequencies ending in 0, I duplicated the beep sound an octave higher to orient the listener, except for the initial 1430kHz start.)  I could still hear bits and blips of residual splatter from 1430-KMRB all the way to near 1475 where I stopped the recording, and it was quite noticeable to me well into the 1450s or 1460s.  Also, I noticed the background noise (from the 49/00 desense where I was doing the recording, although the picture shows 50/00 on 1630) seemed to be fluctuating as if it was being influenced by the station.  Sure enough, when I got another radio tuned to 1430, the noise on the PL-380 (on 1475) was fluctuating with the modulation on 1430 on the other radio.
TBH, when I had read the glowing reviews of the PL-380, seeing, for example, how it could pull in a weak 1460-KARR next to a strong 1450-KSUH without even so much as a trace of splatter or desense (even when facing KSUH's tower - if KARR was off the air I would have expected the reviewed PL-380 to be reading 15/00), and seeing it had a 1 kHz bandwidth mode and you could tune a little off to get rid of the QRM, I had actually expected to be able to tune to 1432, and listen to TPs on 1431 without QRM/splatter/desense from 1430.  In all fairness, though, I would expect KARR would be MUCH stronger than a TP, KSUH would be quite a bit weaker than KMRB (1kW at about 3 mi over semipoor to average ground vs. 50kW at about 1/3 mi over fairly good ground), we're talking 1 kHz vs 10 khz separation, the G8 would be approaching or exceeding 90dBu on 1430, and on the SRF-M37W, 1430-KMRB would be heard just as loud on 1710 (and 530 due to the 450*2 IF IMD) as it is on 1430.

HOWEVER....  I've been learning that antenna orientation, especially with the SAT (and tuning thereof) is extremely important.  For example, I was able to log 594-JOAK from home, in spite of only being 7.7 miles from IBOC pest 600-KOGO.  It does look like this situation this weekend may be a bit more difficult, though.  Should I attempt any TP DX at all? Or would the time be better spent catching up on sleep?   I almost wish I had tried last night, though, for some DXing around 1110.  KDIS was off the air for some of the night, revealing KFAB (albeit very weak), and I wonder if other reception nearby may have been possible, especially with their ~62/00 IBOC carriers being nil?