Re: Kiwa loop for sale

pianoplayer88key

Before you get rid of it, is it possible that it could be used to tilt-null KSPN, or is being 1 mile away too much to handle?  I was able to use a Select-A-Tenna to null 760-KFMB (7.3 miles away) enough to hear 774-JOUB on Oct. 20 at 6:40am local time, while KFMB was on their 50kW nighttime operation.  Of course it helps that KFMB isn't running IBOC.
So on ebay (according to your post) they're apparently running up to $795 over my budget... but I was wondering about a couple things.  For one, would you think that the two pests 1/3 mile from my grandma's house (23kW 1300-KAZN and 50kW 1430-KMRB, which together desense the PL-380 to 50/00 from about 1200-1500kHz and 49/00 from about 960-1710kHz) would be too much for it to tame?

And when you mention overload... do you mean only intermods, where KSPN is showing up on frequencies where it doesn't belong?  Or, do you mean actual overload like this clip of 760-KFMB (listen after about 0:38 - that's when it switched from day to night operation)?  BTW that was recorded at my house at night with the aid of a Select-A-Tenna and powerline groundwire.  When KFMB is amplified like that, it desenses the PL-380 to 50/00 all the way from 153kHz to around 3MHz or so, at least the first 10-15 harmonics or so are 63+dBu (especially the lowest few on the G8), and the G8's meter gets pegged at 98/25 on 760.  How bad does KSPN desense/overload your PL-310 (or whatever radio it was you have) either barefoot, or with the antenna?