Kiwa loop for sale

David Alpert

This isn't an easy decision, but I plan to sell my Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop http://www.kiwa.us/kiwaloop.html. My proximity to 50 kW 710-KSPN's transmitter site (approximately one mile) results in overload and intermod, making it difficult to justify holding on to this otherwise amazing antenna.

The 12.75" loop rotates and tilts (with 3:1 gear reduction) for precise nulling, while the regeneration circuit's -6dB antenna bandwidth may be adjusted from 15 kHz to less than 2 kHz for razor sharp selectivity. It even has dual output amps, providing drive for two receivers simultaneously. Much has been written about this legendary high performance, long since discontinued, much sought after antenna; a Google search leads to just some of it. I bought mine new, direct from Craig Siegenthaler, in the mid-1990s for $400. I've seen them sell on eBay for as much as $795.

I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone in the group is interested before listing it on eBay. Please contact me off-list with any specific questions. I'll do my best to answer, and will provide photos on request.