New stations 11/3/10

edsemrad

Hi everybody,

Conditions have been fair to good the past few days. I have been camped out on frequencies which could bring in new states. Nothing new yet but in the process I did record a few regional stations for the master log.
Below are my loggings:
The receiver is a Tecsun PL-380 and all station ID's are recorded on a Sony recorder. The times are CDST.

10/29/10:
930 2300 WTAD Quincy IL. "On talk radio 930 Quincy"

10/31/10:
920 0605 WBAA West Lafayette IN. "This is WBAA"

11/2/10:
710 0831 WDSM Superior WI. "This is WDSM with your election day weather"

11/3/10:
1100 1830 KDRY Alamo Heights TX. "... for DRY AM 1130"
580 1851 WTCM Traverse City MI. "Weekdays at noon on news talk WTCM"

11/4/10:
790 0433 WSGW Saginaw MI. "This is WSGW 790 AM"
1140 0645 WBXR Hazel Green AL. "WBXR"

The recent discussion about tilting and nulling was great. It works! I tried it on 790 kHz which has severe splatter from local WBBM. I tilted the PL-380 in the best null I could get and in popped WSGW Saginaw MI. Thanks guys!

Totals now are 241 stations, 33 states, 5 Canadian provinces and 4 countries.

Ed
Lake Villa, IL