Re: Oklahoma TP's 10-4-10

Gary DeBock

Hi Richard,

Sorry that no Asian signals made it to Oklahoma this morning. You may feel like throwing one of your table receivers at me, but here on the west coast there was a very strong sunrise enhancement around 1445 this morning, that brought many TP signals up to vibrant levels. Of course, there have been no TA stations to show up yet here this season, so maybe you can consider yourself lucky to be the only ULR-DXer to have received both types of transoceanic signals this Fall.

73, Gary

In a message dated 11/4/2010 7:12:37 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, richarda@... writes:

I listened at 1218-1300 UTC this and didn't hear a single signal from across the Pacific. It was the first quiet morning in that direction since the first week of September. The strongest signals were coming from the south and southwest.

Looking at reports, it appears we may be in for increased solar activity during the next several days. For me that means more signals from Mexico. Earlier, usually strong WGN 720 was barely audidle after about 1000 UTC.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W
(near Perry OK USA)