Re: Oklahoma TP's 11-2-10

Gary DeBock

Hi Richard,

The Asians weren't all that much stronger here on the west coast this morning, although we did have some anemic audio on the "big gun" TP's. Some fair audio from 1215-Absolute showed up in the Victoria, BC area last night, but a 1210 Spanish pest wipes out that frequency here. Still waiting for the first TA audio of the 2010 Fall Season, after 6 stations from Europe (and west Asia) were received here last year. TP reception on the east coast seems equally mediocre.

73, Gary

In a message dated 11/2/2010 10:03:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, richarda@... writes:

It was another rotten morning of not hearing TP signals in the heartland. I listened at 1225-1304 UTC and heard carriers, with no audio, on 558, 648, 702, 774, 792, 828 and 972 kHz. The strongest signals were 828 (JOBB?) and 972 (HLCA?). Receiver: Tecsun PL-310 with 7.5-inch loopstick. Local sunrise was 1254 UTC.

I listened briefly last evening and heard barely audible talk on 1215 kHz after 0619 UTC.

Good DX all. And for those still trying to figure it out, DX is whatever you want it to be. There is no definitive answer. So set a goal and attempt to reach it. Once you've achieved that, reach a little further.

Richard.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W
(near Perry OK USA)