Re: Low-pass filter for PL-360

Gil Stacy

Richard,
Try what Gary Deacon does with his Bogs and his Sony M37V. Just wrap several turns around the radio with the end of the long wire. This coupling may be enough to prevent MW overload. I can inductively couple my ULR's to my ewe two ways: 1) a ferrite coil at the shack which is placed parallel along side the edge of the rx where the internal antenna sits and the distance is varied or 2) Hold the rx parallel to the feed side of the ewe's vertical element. You could try this in addition to wrapping a few turns around the rx.
Let us know if this makes a difference in preventing overload.
73 Gil