Re: Toroid question

MarkWA1ION

From professional connections, I know that Siemens toroids are widely
available in Europe. There should be mixes comparable to the popular
Amidon / Fair-Rite / Ferroxcube types (43, 61, 77, and 75/J) used in
the USA and Canada.

Whether these are any cheaper, I don't know. Check Farnell and other
major European distributors or Siemens directly.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION - Billerica, MA, USA

<<
Hi John,

Some of the guys this side are using 77s for feedline chokes
(possibly because thats all they were able to get) - I'm not sure if
you can get an FT140 75 anymore - is j material the same as 75?.

I should become an Amidon distributor for Ireland / UK / Europe -
the prices over here are insane. I've just seen some FT 240 77's on a
German site for 30 Euro a pop! ( as opposed to $9 in the US)

Any suggestions of sources would be who will supply outside the US
and take paypal would be helpful.

Paul Logan,
Lisnaskea, N. Ireland

Listening Homepage: http://geocities.com/yogi540/