Re: Update of World Distance Records 10 kw and 1 kw barefoot categories

MarkWA1ION

KVNS and WTNI are both right on the Gulf of Mexico, so very high
ground conductivity comes into play.

Also, because these stations are quite southerly (along with some of
the often-heard Florida stations), they are "sitting pretty" and "in
the clear" during auroral disruptions that knock out stations from
the northeastern states, the midwest, the prairies, and the Pacific
Northwest.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION - Billerica, MA

<<
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Paul Logan <paulloganradio@...>
wrote:

for some reason they come in well here - but so do WTNI on 1640 - I
cant
explain it - often I will hear KVNS mixing with several stations
but often
times it is dominating. Its not way above others here but does seem
to get
out very well, I wonder what their pattern is.
The KVNS pattern is supposed to be non-directional, but it pushes way
out to the east due to the Gulf of Mexico being so close to the
transmitter.

They don't dominate here every night, but fairly often they come in so
strong you can't hear much but a slight rumbling in the background
from the other stations.

-- Jay