Re: Update of World Distance Records 10 kw and 1 kw barefoot categories

Jay Heyl

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Paul Logan <paulloganradio@...> wrote:

for some reason they come in well here - but so do WTNI on 1640 - I cant
explain it - often I will hear KVNS mixing with several stations but often
times it is dominating. Its not way above others here but does seem to get
out very well, I wonder what their pattern is.
The KVNS pattern is supposed to be non-directional, but it pushes way
out to the east due to the Gulf of Mexico being so close to the
transmitter.

They don't dominate here every night, but fairly often they come in so
strong you can't hear much but a slight rumbling in the background
from the other stations.

-- Jay