Re: Spotter Radio and Some Local Stations - additional info

Gary Kinsman

How much do these cost, Neil? I couldn't find the price on Winradio's web site.

It looks like the Excalibur can record the entire MW spectrum at once (2 MHz width). Pretty cool.

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "neilbellgroups" <neil.bell@...> wrote:

Gary's remarks are certainly correct and very helpful. That being said, I would like to offer another and probably better (and costly) option:

Using a software controlled radio like the Winradio Excalibur offers a huge advantage by allowing you to display the entire MW broadcast band in one spectrum window and the 9 kHz spaced signals will stand out like the proverbial sore thumb!! So in a glance you can see what signals offer promise and tune them on your Winradio or on an untralight.

Expensive option - YES, but a very capable one that also extends these options into all the shortwave bands. AT a glance at the full 30 mHz spectrum window it is obvious which bands are "open" and you can tune accordingly. On top of all of this it is a fantastic radio in all respects.

Neil Bell
KJ6FBA