Re: Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 9-19

Gary DeBock

HI Richard--

You really are doing great-- those TP frequencies weren't all that strong on the west coast yesterday morning.

You certainly have been getting great TP "mileage" from your PL-310 + 7.5" loopstick combo, and with the new season just starting to provide its best Asiatic propagation, you should have a lot more excitement in store. Hopefully others will join you (and me) in the peak season TP bonanza!

73, Gary

In a message dated 9/19/2010 5:58:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, richarda@... writes:

Gary:

I'd not planned to DX this morning, but awoke early enough to hear a few TP signals. While nothing spectacular was heard it was as always a thrill to hear medium wave signals from the Orient. All were logged using a PL-310 and 7.5" loop stick.

594 JOAK, Tokyo J, fair, readable audio at 1203 UTC, fading away at 1211. The first JOAK audio this season.
648 Unid., slight het noted at 1210 and 1212.
693 JOAB, Tokyo J, fair, readable audio in KGGF and Unid. 690 splash at 1206-1210. The first time this season.
774 JOUB, Akita J, fair, readable at 1208-1214, fading away afterward (local sunrise 1215).
828 Presumed JOBB, slight het at 1214.
972 Presumed HLCA, very strong hat 1144.

I checked 567, 657, 666, 747, 1053, 1134 and 1566 several times hearing nothing.

I'm sure any listener west of the Mississippi River could have heard JOAK, JOAB and JOUB this morning. They were also audible on a barefoot PL-310. The only difficult part of hearing TP's is getting out of bed when you're awaken by the alarm clock!

Good DX everyone.

Richard.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W