August New Station Loggings

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

After hearing nothing but relogs and UNID stations for around a month, persistence finally paid off recently with an excellent opening into Mexico which landed me three new stations all on the same night! Tnx to Gary DeBock for helping me get an E-100 Slider rig up and running here in Oklahoma. I really appreciate all your help, Gary!! This first logging was hrd over a week ago, but the other three are from several nights ago during the LAm opening. All hrd on a Eton E-100 Slider with a SAT.

1190, XEWK, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 0704 UTC,8/15/10, up briefly with SS tlk. Hrd the distinctive 4 notes descending the scale that is often hrd on "W Radio" affiliates. Clear "Doble U Radio" ID followed.

1410, XEAS, Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, 0400 UTC, 8/25/10, mixing with the sta hrd below. Playing a variety of SS mx incl pops, ranchera, and bandera. VG sig during peaks. Noted call ltr ID 0402 and "Ke Buena" slogan ancd 0436. 3 XE stations were here tonight. This one was the strongest. I was hearing this one as an UNID for over a week.

1410, XEBS, Distrito Federal, 0416 UTC, 8/25/10, the second strongest of three XEs here. Pgm'g seemed to be mostly all SS tlk. Vy little copy, but I did hear one clear "La Mas Perrona" ID during a brief fade of XEAS. The "rr" in Perrona is really rolled out, "Perrrrrona."
The third XE on 1410 tonight I think may have been XEYD, Torreon, Coahuila, but just couldn't get an ID on them as it was very weak and overpowered by these two stronger XE stations.

1470, XEHI, Ciudad Miguel Aleman, Tamaulipas, 0535 UTC, 8/25/10, also hrd as an UNID for a while now. Tonight I noted two call ltr IDs between ranchera songs. QRM mostly from KLCL, Lake Charles, LA. Cajun mx mixing w/ ranchera mx is really interesting sounding! ULR Sta #679, LAm Sta #116.

It sounds like the MW DX season is beginning to happen for us, so I hope everyone will dust off their ultralights and give a listen. Best of good DX to all and 73 from Oklahoma!

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK