Re: Grundig mini 300

Gary DeBock

Hi Scott,

The Grundig Mini 300 was purchased last year as a possible contestant for the 2009 Ultralight Shootout, but failed to make the final group because of poor AM sensitivity.

It did provide a few laughs, though, with its split-frequency analog tuning system (having resolution down to 500 kHz steps), despite AM selectivity nowhere near acceptable for split-frequency DXing :-)

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

In a message dated 8/8/2010 4:21:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, scottmac112@... writes:

Hi all!

I have been looking for a new ULR on eBay, and I stumbled on this
scanner-looking receiver. I missed it on account of my job, and I was
wondering what others thought of it; if it's worth chasing another one.
Any input is appreciaated. Thanks!

Scott
Hobbs, NM