Re: Grundig G6

pblake84

Hi Guys,

These recent opinions on the G6 correlate well to the mixed reviews I have found for the G6 (and the G3 for that matter). It seems to me that quality control is an issue for the recent Eton/Grundig models. I guess it comes down to a bit of pot luck; if you get a great individual model you will be happy, if you get a lemon, you will not be. This is an area where Tecsun seems to be better, overall consistence in performance of a line.

If these are all produced at the same factory (I have read that Tecsun, Degen and Eton are all produced by the same factories) it is an interesting situation to me, suggested that perhaps of the 3 brands, Eton may be cutting the most costs by lower QC. If that were the case it is especially ironic since they have the highest retail asking prices of the 3.

Best Wishes,
Steve

On 09/08/2010, at 6:37 AM, <dmccorm@...> <dmccorm@...> wrote:

I hate to tell you this guys, but my G6 Buzz edition beats my G8 in the AM and shortwave band barefoot. Even after alignment of the stock G8 loopstick for the BCB. I listen to WGN and WBBM regularly on my G6. I took it camping in the UP of MI and had a blast with it.

73's, Dave K9DV