Re: New logs from Connecticut

terribly wet

I just started logging things the last 6 months or so after being away forver.

From expereience something different can always show up over time.

BUT the congestion of stations here on the AM is terrible. ya know...pick up what new ?

920 I have only listed CKNX and WHJJ RI. WHJJ can be picked up here days but very weak.

930 WBEN Buffalo normally is strong but fades in an out so fast hard to listen to. Otherwise I only have listed WPAT 930 NJ.

Pretty sad list.

With a directional antenna I'm sure there are other easy ones to log.

--- In ultralightdx@..., "ferrite61" <dxrx@...> wrote:

Dont know your log, but 920/930 is interesting around here. A canadian and RI on 920, Buffalo at least on 930. OT: When that jet crashed just outside Buffalo in Feb 2009, I listened to WBEN overnite. Good job field reporting./OT

Paul S. in CT

--- In ultralightdx@..., "farmerik" <farmerik@> wrote:

Just trying to fill in my log in the 900 to 1000 segment tonight.

950 WIBX Utica, NY 5 kW
970 WNYM serving NYC, but New Jersey address 5 kW
980 WOFX Troy, NY [near Albany] 5kW

The above are 5 kW stations within a few hundred miles.

This one looks to good to be true-

990 WTIG Massilion,Ohio 112W [only 250W day] ?

ESPN Radio. I clearly heard a 'Subway' restaurant ad, ESPN Radio ID, and sports talk for awhile. No Call letters, but I can't find a listing for any other ESPN station on 990 any closer. I can still hear it under a religious station with Chuck Colson, and one or two Spanish stations with music formats. I wish I stayed with it longer when it was coming in better. Anyone know if there power went up, or of any recent format changes to ESPN Radio in the Northeast on 990?

PL-360 with Jim's style transformer Hoop loop with a diamond weave antenna. - FARMERIK