Re: Anyone used a spiral wound coil as an antenna?

Guy Atkins

I too used a spiral loop for a while, but it was a broadband design based on the Wellbrook ALA100 (mounted on an antenna rotor). I eventually went back to a single turn loop for the ALA100, as the nulls seemed better.

Photos and info on the spiral loop approach can be seen here:

http://fivebelow.squarespace.com/posts/2008/2/24/the-spider-loop-four-spiral-turns-on-the-wellbrook-ala100-an.html

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA