Re: Terminally ill PL-310 ... or not

bbwrwy

Bob:

Although the PL-310 receiver has been around just about a year now, it is still new enough that not much information is around for repairing one. I imagine the problem you're describing could also happen with a PL-300, 360 or 380. It's probably a simple component fault, which may or not be repairable.

I have two of them. They are both perform well on the MW/LW and FM bands. But the newer of the two does not receive short wave signal. It appears the problem may be with external antenna input. Luckily, I don't need it for listening to short wave broadcasts.

Hopefully you come upon a solution soon.

Best of DX.

Richard.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W