Re: Small loop antenna -- Question for Kevin S.

ferrite61 <dxrx@...>

I've seen these in the last few years. Very nice coils. Worth the price just for the wire alone. I didn't realize the Q was over 700.

Paul S. in CT

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Kevin S" <satya@...> wrote:

Hi Gary:

The only thing I can think of is where I took a 4" coil which was wound
for a crystal radio and connected it to a mini variable capacitor. It
provided a good little boost for its size, and the Litz coil and special
basket weave meant that the Q, or tuning sharpness, was very high. The
seller on ebay currently has a similar coil (see ebay item 330448576470).

Hope this helps - Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I recall that you built a very small loop antenna of about 4"-5" diameter.
Is there an article describing the construction of this antenna? I
couldn't find it on www.dxer.ca with all of the other ULR antenna files.

Thanks,
Gary