Re: MI LOG - FM

wa8lcz

HI TONY,

conditions were tough this morning. i had to listen outside the box:
91.1 WFUM - i heard on 91.2, too much interference on 91.1
99.1 WFRO - heard off the side of the indoors moxon
103.7 WCKY heard off the side of the moxon
92.1 WQTX heard on 92.0, too much interference on 92.1

best dx was 86 miles, maybe 1 hop off the E layer.

that doesnt include stations in french, i couldnt ID, stations that just dont give a call sign, and of course stations fadding in and out. hey, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it. got 4 new ones today in the dog days of summer. WOOF

then again you're using the earbud cord for an antenna, I think you're doing pretty darn good. just think what you could do with a real antenna !

Keep banging away at Wisconsin and the Upper Penisular, thats good
DX for July

byron wa8lcz nr detroit

--- In ultralightdx@..., Antonios Kekalos <akekalos@...> wrote:

Byron,

Early this morning looked promising, got a couple good RDS hits on the
NS-HD01, but had to cut my monitoring short as the critters were driving me
crazy wanting their breakfast. Wish I could get something out of Michigan
and the couple in Wisconsin.

Tony

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:25 AM, wa8lcz <wa8lcz@...> wrote:

30JUL2010 FRI
091.1 WFUM Flint MI MPRN NPR 0700EDT 17.5KW 52MI (MI63)
099.1 WFRO Fremont OH Adult Eagle 99 0806EDT 11.5K 81 MI (OH21)
103.7 WCKY Pemberville OH Country,1037 CKY, 0839EDT 50K 81MI (OH22)
092.1 WQTX Lansing MI Classic Hits 92X 0954EDT 4KW 86MI (MI64)

TOTALS: 122, MI64,OH22,NC01,PA01,ONTARIO 32,TX01,NM01,
50 LOG ENTRIES IN JULY
RCVR: Eton E10
ANTS: 16 FT LOOP rotatable and Moxon 2 ele folded wire yagi

Byron WA8LCZ nr Detroit posted 30jul 1025edt

--
Tony, N4RNI
Traverse City, MI

Not every conspiracy is a theory-AMC's Rubicon