Re: Ultralight South Pacific DX- The Best MP3's

Gary Kinsman

This is very cool stuff, Gary.

It sounds like you may have been using the 1 kHz filter on your PL-380.

- Gary K.

Hello All,

After sorting through about 88 MP3's from the recent Oregon Beach ULR DXpedition, I noticed that certain Australian and New Zealand stations were exceptional in the signals showing up on the Oregon state beaches (where my hot-rodded PL-380 and 3' portable loop were set up). Three of these stations never even managed a trace for John B. or I at Grayland, Washington during 7 previous Ultralight DU-DXpeditions, despite John's use of highly sensitive Wellbrook arrays. This provided strong evidence that the Oregon beaches have may have a propagation edge over that famous site for South Pacific DX reception.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)