Re: Welcome to Jim and one new log

Carl DeWhitt

---Allen:
In the 1970,s this station,s call was WDEE and they had a country
music format.My brother worked for them for awhile as an announcer.As
i recall they were 50KW then and probably still are.I had a tour of
there facilities when i went with my parents to visit my brother
once.I never managed to log them in Oklahoma.Maybe i can catch them
here in Tennessee.
Carl DeWhitt
currently at temporary address in Townsend,Tn
soon to have permanent address in nearby Maryville,Tn.

In ultralightdx@..., Allen Willie <vo1_001_swl@...>
wrote:

hey, just joined. forgot who, but somebody from here mentioned this
group on mediumwave group

thanks! jim n8rpi

First of all Welcome aboard  to you Jim in joining our group of
ultralight enthusiasts. Hope you have great fun with these miniature
marvels.

Early this morning here in the North Atlantic a new log as follows::

1500 khz - WLQV - Detroit, Michigan   8:30 UTC  10/1/08  w/
religious program and preacher,  then  " AM 1500 WLQV Life Changing
Radio Legal ID and slogan at TOH
Mixing with WWWT  Washington DC for an hour !

*** NEW ONE *** on ULR and overall log  ; - SRF-M37V  barefoot

73

Allen Willie
St. John's, Newfoundland

http://www.flickr.com/gift/