Terminally ill PL-310 ... or not

Bob Coomler <w6rjc@...>

Earlier this wek I received a new PL-310 from one of the Hong Kong eBay vendors.  It worked fine for an afternoon and then started constantly showing the low battery indication.  End of functioning PL-310 despite some ideas from the seller and my switching out numerous batteries numerous times.  The vendor finally refunded $5 (!) and told me to have it repaired locally. As if.  All of my stuff is still packed away, so I can't mess with it.  Has anybody run into this problem?  If there is no reasonable fix, I'll have a low mileage PL-310 suitable for parts available for the postage.  Thanks for any thoughts.

Bob Coomler
Tucson, AZ