Re: PL-210???'s-FARMERIK

ferrite61 <dxrx@...>

Scott:
Although the attenuation automatically prevents overload on the DSP radios, there is no rf boost like in the PL200, that can help weak signals. Thats what I'm looking for in the PL-210 Analog/PLL... a continuance of a manual rf attenuator/booster.

Paul S. in CT

--- In ultralightdx@..., "sdwillingham" <sdwillingham@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,

--- In ultralightdx@..., "ferrite61" <dxrx@> wrote:
I checked in at blog.sina.com.cn using G-Translate. Yup, the 3-step
attenuator is listed (anti-mirror reference) in a different translation
providing High/Med/Low signal strength. Meaning it will have the switch.
On the PL-200 this is left-end near top, and is functional on the SW and
FM bands. So my main point of contention has been removed (this one
function elevates the PL-200 above most other enthusiast grade radios
including UL's Re: PL310/380/300wt and most analog AM/SW/FM sets).
Note that in FM operation, the Si4734-based radios also have this
feature. It is not apparent as a switchable function to the user,
but FM inputs are automatically attenuated when they would otherwise
overload the input stage.

The AM and SW input has some safeguards against overload, but it is
not as robust as the FM input.

-Scott-