Re: newbie

Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb@...>

Jim - welcome. There are a lot of really great people here and I know
that any number of them would be delighted to help you get started. AM
DX'ing has needed a shot in the arm for a long time and DX'ing with
ultralight radios is just that.

73

At times I too have owned more radios that my wife was aware of.

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Jim" <banjojim@...> wrote:

hey, just joined. forgot who, but somebody from here mentioned this
group on mediumwave group.

anyway, i've played with pretty much all kinds of radio and own more
than my wife knows. i may even own an ultralite. i've got a grundig
mini100. what does this group consider an ultralite? i'm assuming a
cheapie pocket am/fm. i hear in another group a lot about a little
$20.00 sony.

last, is there a favorite? loaded question and i apologize, but i may
send a few $$$ to amazon for one soon.

thanks! jim n8rpi