New Station Mid-day

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

Just on a whim this afternoon, I fired up my new modified E-100 Slider and ran into a new station during the middle of the day. It's been a long time since I found a new one in that time frame. Needless to say, I'm really happy with my new toy. I was also using a Select-a-Tenna. Interestingly, this new station was barely audible on my SRF-59.

1420, KTJS, Hobart, OK, 1900 UTC, 7/16/10, Many many ads, "Happy Trails" song hrd just before 1900. ID @ TOH as "Great Plains Country, KTJS, Hobart." Fair sig but electrical noise was a problem. Listed as 1 KW daytime, 161 miles from here. Sta #673.

With a heat index of 111 here this afternoon, it just seemed like a good idea to stay inside and DX.

73!
Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK