Re: Expand the Ultralight Awards Program to Include LW-DX?

bbwrwy

Gary:

I've always felt stations in the long wave broadcast band (153 - 279 kHz) should be included in the medium wave awards. This should not include NDB and other utilities heard below 530 kHz. Thus far very few listeners, including myself, have heard a long wave broadcast station with an ULR. Only a few of the ultralight receivers are capable of receiving long wave broadcasts. These are primarily the Tecsun receivers.

I do not favor any type of awards for short wave. It is too much to add to the responsibilities of the awards committee. There are other places for people to go if they wish to receive such awards.

Good DX everyone.

Richard.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W