Re: Expand the Ultralight Awards Program to Include LW-DX?

Bill M <radioexray@...>

farmerik wrote:
I guess it's the wrong time of year, but I am on the east coast [CT],
and experimenting with new antennas. Are there any LW BC stations
using English I should look for this time of year? - FARMERIK
Only if you are very lucky. LW BC has 'band openings' just like the higher frequencies but they are scarce this time of year. They are still infrequent during the winter, you just have to keep slogging away at it checking nightly or checking the reflector groups that might alert you to activity.

Don't let English language be a criteria. BBC on 198 is pretty much the only thing you'll hear in English. French dominates, even from the North African stations since they are serving the French listening market. Its not like the AM-BC in the US where you have to sort out 'which' station. The super-power West European and North Africans have the frequencies all to themselves. Basically, if you hear it you'll know what station it is.

GL,
Bill