Re: Expand the Ultralight Awards Program to Include LW-DX?

Rik

I guess it's the wrong time of year, but I am on the east coast [CT], and experimenting with new antennas. Are there any LW BC stations using English I should look for this time of year? - FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., Rick Robinson <w4dst@...> wrote:

Sounds like a great idea to me. I've already logged several NDBs and
would like to see what other folks can do on LW. I logged a few LWBC
stations back in the winter with a modified G8 and external antennas and
I"m sure others here in the east can too when better conditions return.
Some of these LWBC stations can actually be a real pest when trying to
DX the non-directional beacons on LW.

If you count anything below 530kHz, ZLS in the Bahamas on 526 is an easy
barefoot/stock catch along the east coast with good conditions. I
logged ZLS the first night I had my G8.

Rick W4DST