Re: newbie

Gary DeBock

Hello Jim,

     This is Gary (N7EKX), and welcome to our Ultralight DX group.  We are happy to have you with us, as we enjoy our first full DXing season with tiny AM pocket radios.

     If you are considering a purchase of one of the top-rated models, you might wish to check out the Summertime Shootout article posted on DXer.Ca, in the "Ultralight File" section.  This very detailed document will give you full information on all the top models, and how they compare in sensitivity, selectivity, nulling ability, spurs and images, AGC, audio quality, digital tuning noise, and quality control record.  After reading this article, you will be as well informed as any Ultralight fanatic, and certainly able to choose your dream radio for the DX season.

     DXer.Ca, our home web site, also contains many other interesting files relating to modifications, definitions (so you can know which radios qualify as official Ultralight models), suggestions for transoceanic DX chasing, antennas, etc.  We all are thrilled to enjoy this new form of AM-DXing, and you are joining the group at the perfect time.  Have fun, Jim!

     73,  Gary DeBock