Re: Grundig G8 for $25 at National Geographic site

cadcoast <jm392c@...>

I must agree with those who say the button labelings are different in the two photos. The NatGeo photo matches those in the ultralight file which were taken last year. It's quite possible that there is a "new" version of the G8, as Amazon and Universal are both big sellers. If so, that might explain the low price by NatGeo. Perhaps we should go to our local Radio Shack (another big seller) and see what they have.

Jim Z

--- In ultralightdx@..., Dan Ferguson <shortwave@...> wrote:

I bought a Grundig G8 at Universal about a year ago. The buttons and
labels on mine are the same as in the NatGeo picture. My display is also
amber when backlit. The color of the case in the NatGeo picture appears
to be gray, about the same as the Eton E1 or E5. Mine from Universal is
black.

Dan

Dan Ferguson
North American Shortwave Association: http://www.naswa.net
Combined SWBC skeds spreadsheet - updated July 11 at 1900 GMT:
http://www.hfskeds.com/skeds/

Russ Edmunds wrote:

I cannot completely read the labels, but other than the amber
backlight being on in one pic and being off ( therefore it looks grey
) in the other ( and comparing both to the one sitting right next to
me ) I don't see any differences.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]